Google+ Baby Marohn: I'm In Love With a.... SWING?

Sunday, August 29, 2010

I'm In Love With a.... SWING?


Yes, it's true, I am in love with a baby swing/bouncer. The swing/bouncer is called the MamaRoo by 4moms. When I first saw this swing, I liked it because of it's unique design, and put it on my registry. However, I then convinced myself that I didn't need something so expensive, especially since I only "liked" it because it looked different, so I took it off the registry.

A few days ago, I revisited the idea of the MamaRoo. I looked up product reviews, checked prices, and just generally learned more about the product. Here is what I found out:

  • They are made by a small company Pittsburgh, PA
  • When coming up with the idea of the MamaRoo they consulted doctors, nurses, and hundreds of parents about what they liked and disliked about traditional swings and bouncy sites.
  • The MamaRoo moved more naturally than traditional swings and bouncy seats. For example, when was the last time you swung you baby like a swing does, or vibrated your baby like a bouncy seat will?
  • There are 5 motions this swing does.

    • Car Ride: Called the figure 8 on it's side
    • Kangaroo: Lots of up and down, less side to side
    • Tree Swing: High on the sides, low in the middle
    • Rock-A-Bye: Low on the sides, high in the middle
    • Ocean Wave: Round and Round

  • There are five speeds
  • There are three toys that are like stuffed eggs. They are colored on one side and black and white on the other. They are easily grasped by young babies, and will pull out for chewing and playing with.
  • There is a connection for your MP3 player!
  • The fabric on the seat is replaceable and machine washable.
  • The seat will recline to any position on it's axis.
  • There is a digital display for adjusting the motion and the speed.
  • Comes in six colors


The swing cost, right now, around $199, but I believe that is a great deal for all that you get.

No comments :

Post a Comment