Google+ Baby Marohn: Quote

Friday, October 1, 2010

Quote

I am currently reading "Ina May's Guide to Childbirth" By Ina May Gaskin. At the beginning of the book she has had women wright their birth stories for people to read and to be inspired by. Today while I was reading I came across a birth story by Valerie Gramm. She titled her story "It's a Nose!". Her baby was born face up, and the midwives were afraid that she wouldn't be able to give birth the way she wanted to her son. Labor was very slow for her and she was in a lot of pain. She says in her story this, "It took a lot of strength, but the love of our baby overpowered the hurt." I find this quote very inspiring. This lady knew what she wanted to do and she didn't care how much it hurt, she done this for her baby. Just thought I would share.

No comments :

Post a Comment