Google+ Baby Marohn: Bottle Reviews

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Bottle Reviews

When I was pregnant with Nora, I was really worried about which bottles to have on hand. I was planning on breastfeeding, but I did want to pump and have breast milk available so that Michael and other people could feed Nora.

As it turns out, I was not able to make enough milk for Nora, so I started having to supplement in her second week. I was totally heartbroken, since breast milk is the best thing that you can give your child, but now, I am able to do a bottle review for the blog.

So here are the bottles I have tried so far.

  • Bottles at the hospital/ready feed infant formula.
      How can I put this nicely... they are not worth the plastic they are made out of. Nora kept getting choked. They just came out really way to fast for a baby that was used to breastfeeding.


  • Playtex Ventair
      Nora likes this a lot better. However, a word from the wise, be very careful putting them together in the middle of the night. If you don't have the valve on just right they will leak.


  • Milkbank by Dexbaby
      I was so excited to find these bottles on clearance before Nora was born. I thought that they would be great because you can do a vacuum seal on them to keep breast milk better longer. But when it came to using them, Nora didn't find them as good as the Ventair. Leaking isn't as bad with these, but there are still five parts to them, and it makes for a very confusing time when you are eagerly searching for the correct parts while you baby is screaming.


  • MAM Bottles
      I found these bottles at Big Lots. These bottles come with five pieces, and are great! However, they are supper hard to get together correctly, and I have had them leak all over me more than once.


  • Nuk bottles by Gerber
      These bottles are great, and Nora loves them. They are super easy to clean, and only have three pieces to them. The downside is, the hole in the nipple is on the side, so when shaking the formula, you have to pinch the top so that the contents doesn't fly all over the place. Also, you have to make sure that the hole is up when inserting into baby's mouth.


  • Avent bottles
      There have been times when this is the only bottle that Nora will take. They are really easy to use and clean. My only complaint with them is the price.


  • Nuby Natural Nurser
      This has to be mine and Nora's favorite bottle. They are sized, behave, and kind of look just like the breast. I didn't use the one we had for a long time, because I thought that the nipple would be too fast for Nora, but as it turns out she does just fine with it. You can also by sippy cup spouts and use with the bottle, so it makes it sort of earth and pocketbook friendly. There is, however, one tiny complaint from me. Some of the nipples have little notches in them that have to be lined up just right with the ring, but once you figure it out, there is no problems.


  • I think they are Pamper's Stages Bottles (not sure, I couldn't find the exact image of the ones we have)
      These bottles are ok. The ones that we have, the nipples on them are really really fast and Nora tends to get choked every time. I try not to use them.


    That's all that we have tried for now, there are a few more that I would like to try like the Tommee Tippee.
  • No comments :

    Post a Comment