Google+ Baby Marohn: Baby Marohn's Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers

Monday, December 2, 2013

Baby Marohn's Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers


























One of my favorite traditions of the holidays is hanging stockings.  Now a days we don't have a fire place to hang them on, so we just lay them by the tree after "Santa" stops by or we hang them on the wall.  Still, I love seeing all the exciting little things we can fit into the stockings.

One exciting thing that I came up on for stockings is called the bites & pieces crust cutter by Fred & Friends.

At first, I wasn't too sure about the Bites & Pieces crust cutter.  I just thought it was cute because it looked like game pieces.  So, I tried it out.  I started with peanut butter, jelly, and whole grain bread.

My bread was a little squished, so the Bites & Pieces crust cutter didn't really fit well on my bread.

Goose really enjoyed the Bites & Pieces sandwich I made.  I recommend this stocking stuffer for pretty much anyone who enjoys having fun. 


Another product that I found that would be great as a stocking stuffer would be Gold Toe socks.

I have really enjoyed wearing these socks since they are super comfortable and easy to find.  Going to a certain store just to buy socks is not on my "to do" list, so being able to buy these socks at places like Kohl's, JC Penny's, or Amazon is just great.

With Gold Toe socks there is pretty much a style to fit anyone's taste. Gold Toe has styles for men, women, and children is just about every color you can imagine.  Which is good for holiday shopping.


One product that I recently tried is Energems, and I think this would be awesome for an adult holiday stocking. 

Energems are great tasting chocolate candies (kind of like M&M's but bigger) that have extra caffeine and some B vitamins.  Each box of Energems contains 9 chocolate energy filled candies.  However, you only need to eat 3 to equal the amount of caffeine you would get from a cup of coffee.  My hubby and I did not read this before we tried them, and ate a box and a half of the Energems.  We were wide awake ALL night.  

You can get Energems in three awesome flavors; mint, milk chocolate, and peanut butter.  I think hubby and I agree that the mint was our favorite.

If you would like to try Energems for your self, you can buy them in a 3-pack variety and in bulk on their website or you can try to locate a store near you to buy them in individual packs.  Or you can try to win your very own 6-month supply by going to this link http://ptab.it/1FKfy, but get your entries in quick because the giveaway ends today!

Scroll down for this giveaway

If you all know anything about me, you know I am all about child safety.  That is why I think it isn't a bad idea to include outlet covers as a gift.  The coverPlug is an awesome product when it comes to the safety of your child.  These outlet covers are paintable so that they can blend into your wall making the dangerous outlets almost invisible.  The coverPlug does cover the entire outlet with the prongs fitting into the ground plug, to hold the coverPlug securely and safely to the outlet.  

There is only one thing I don't like about the coverPlug, and I don't think that it would even be a deal breaker for me.  With the coverPlug, if you need to use the outlet at anytime, you have to take the whole coverPlug off leaving one outlet completely exposed.  

If you are interested in getting some coverPlugs for your home, the only place I have been able to find them is Wrapables.com.  Wrapables.com also has them listed on Amazon.  coverPlugs will cost you about $12 + shipping for a two pack.  

My last holiday stocking stuffer idea is the JavaJig by Melitta.  This is a really great idea for Keurig lovers who may not love the my K-cup. This little cup is great...once you learn how to use it.

To use the JavaJig you have to have 4 pieces.  The green cup, the filter insert, the filter, and the lid.  

To use you have to put the filter insert prongs up and put the filter on top.
Then on a flat surface, push the green cup down on top. 
Fill with esspresso ground coffee.
And snap the lid down.

The thing I got wrong the first 20 times, was I didn't know that there were two green cups in the kit.  They were stuck together in a way that made it look like one piece. So then it would not fit in the normal black insert for the k-cups or in the grey insert for the my k-cups making a HUGE mess.  Only after really looking at the photos on Amazon, did I realize that there were the two green cups in the kit.  

Another problem I have found with the JavaJig is finding the filters for it.  I looked at several local stores this weekend, and could not find even the Melitta brand regular filters.  The filters are for sale on Amazon for about $2, and if you are a Prime member, then you will get free shipping.  
Personally, I like the my K-cup better, but this is nice if you are going to be making a lot of coffee for company or you don't like washing out the reusable filter in the my k-cup. 

The above products were provided to me free of charge for review.  I received no monetary compensation for my review, not did I promise to do a positive review in exchange for products. All opinions are 100% my own.



I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments :

Post a Comment