Google+ Baby Marohn: Crib and other things

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Crib and other things

The crib finally made an appearance Tuesday evening, and ABF did bring their huge semi truck into the subdivision. The guy that was delivering it called me, and asked if he could just deliver it later in his pick-up truck. I wasn't too sure about that, and asked if he could try to make it through to my house since we are not too far into the subdivision. He made it just fine, and even brought it in the house for me.

The box was HUGE, and I didn't think I would be able to lift it. Being as excited as I was, I wanted to look at the crib right away, but I couldn't even get the box open far enough to take a peek. So, I had to wait until Michael got home.

The crib it absolutely beautiful!!! There is one small problem though, there is a area, about 2 inches in diameter, that has been scratched. I emailed the company today to see what to do about, since I couldn't find anything in the paper work about that. But they haven't emailed me back yet. If they don't email me back in the next few days (or by Monday) I will have Michael call them.

At the doctor on Tuesday, I got all set up for my next appointments, had a bunch of blood taken, and had an ultrasound (see below for ultrasound). The Dr. Roberts is wonderful, and answered all the questions I had. She was very truthful with me, and that is what I wanted. She said that she wants me to come in every two weeks for a while since I was so nervous. HAHAHA So my next appointment is July 27th, and then I have another ultrasound on August 10th. They said that they might be able to tell the sex of the baby at the next ultrasound (YAY!).

They tested me to see how likely I am to have a baby born with Downs or Trisomy 18. I got the results today, and there is a very very very very small chance that I will have a child born with either. Like 1 in 10,000 chance for both! We were very relieved to hear that.

So I guess we start the countdown to see what color the baby's room will be painted, green or purple.

No comments :

Post a Comment