Google+ Baby Marohn: Baby Marohn's Holiday Gift Guide: Sally Hansen Salon Effects

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Baby Marohn's Holiday Gift Guide: Sally Hansen Salon Effects

If you are looking for a last minute gift for a teen or woman in your life, you might want to look at the Sally Hansen Salon Effects Real Nail Polish Strips.

Salon Effects are stickers made out of real nail polish for your nails.  They give your nails that salon quality that everyone loves, plus you don't have the fumes from salons or even regular nail polish.

For the review, I choose a pink giraffe sort of style. Notice it says at the bottom of the box that these nail strips contain no DBP, Toluene, or Formaldehyde.

Here are the rest of the ingreadients though:
This is some basic directions for you:
When you open up the box you will find: 2 packs of nail strips (8 in each pack), a nail file/buffer, cuticle stick, and detailed instructions.

To start out, you want to make sure your nails are clean and dry.  If you have any nail polished on, you will need to remove it before putting on the nail strips.

Once you have made sure your nails are clean and dry, you can then open up one of the nail strips packets.  Once they are open, you will need to used them within a few hours, because they will harden up.

Take out the strip that best fits the nail you want to start with. I chose to start with my thumb, so I got the largest strip.

Next, I pilled off the clear plastic front and the paper back.

Once you pull everything off, you are ready to put it on your nail.  It's easiest to hold the strip in the middle since you will have more control.

You can use the cuticle stick and the white part of the nail file to smooth out the strip. Then you will use the nail file to file off any excess nail strip there is.


Then you are finished with that nail, and it will be time to move one to the next one. 

If you come to a nail where your nail strip is larger than your nail, it's ok, it will still work.  The nail strips can be cut by pressing down along your cuticle with the cuticle stick. 

Here is my finished left hand. 


I personally think they turned out really well, and I've had them on for a week, and they still look great!




If you would like to get some of Sally Hansen's Salon Effects of your own, I have seen them on Amazon, but I am sure you could find them at Wal-Mart or Target.  I've just not been there to look.

I love the Sally Hansen Salon Effects, and I am so excited to try out some more of their 32 prints!


No comments :

Post a Comment