Google+ Baby Marohn: Elite Gold's Ultimate MCT Oil and Coconut Oil Pills Review

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Elite Gold's Ultimate MCT Oil and Coconut Oil Pills Review

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

OK, if you are anything like me, you probably know what MCT oil is even though you don't know it.  MCT oil is basically coconut oil or palm kernel oil.  I use coconut oil at least once a day, and I had never heard of MCT oil before I started working on this post.

Here is the technical stuff about MCT oil:
Medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs) are medium-chain (8 to 12 carbons) fatty acid esters of glycerol.
MCTs passively diffuse from the GI tract to the portal system (longer fatty acids are absorbed into the lymphatic system) without requirement for modification like long-chain fatty acids or very-long-chain fatty acids. In addition, MCTs do not require bile salts for digestion. Patients that have malnutrition or malabsorption syndromes are treated with MCTs because they do not require energy for absorption, utilization, or storage.
Rich sources of MCTs include palm kernel oilcoconut oil and camphor tree drupes.
The fatty acids found in MCTs are called medium-chain fatty acids. The names of the medium-chain fatty acids (and the corresponding number of carbons) found in MCTs are caprylic acid (C8),capric acid (C10) and lauric acid (C12). Like all triglycerides (fats and oils), MCTs are composed of a glycerol backbone and three fatty acids, hence the name triglyceride; in the case of MCTs, 2 or 3 of the fatty acid chains attached to glycerol are medium chain in length.

Basically, MCT oil is very easy for the body to break down, and is not stored as fat like other oils.  Other studies have shown that MCT oil will boost brain function and may even help reverse the effects of Alzeimer's or dementia. (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2258665/Alzeimers-Can-coconut-oil-ease-Families-whove-given-loved-ones-swear-it.html)


I've started replacing some oils in my diet with Elite Gold's MCT oil.  I've made homemade pop corn with it and eggs.  It has no coconut taste, well, really it has no taste.  I've noticed that when I use it, I have more energy.  Maybe one day I'll get to the point where it will help me loose weight too.

If you would like to pick up some of Elite Gold's Ulitmate MCT oil, you can purchase it on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Pharmaceutical-Thermogenic-Maintain-Cholesterol-Performance/dp/B00DJDYGO6


Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

One problem I've had with just taking the MCT oil straight as like a supplement, is the oily texture gets to me.  So, recently I learned that Elite Gold sells Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil Capsules, too!  They are so much easier to take, and I don't have to worry about the oil gagging me.


Like I said, they are super simple to take.  I just take 3 softgels, 2 or 3 times a day.  I've only taken it a few times, so I've not noticed a difference yet, but I am really optomisic that the Coconut Oil softgels will give me more energy to play with Goose.  Each softgel is about 3/4" long, but easy to swallow for me.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments :

Post a Comment