Google+ Baby Marohn: Publisher Plus for Mac Review

Monday, June 9, 2014

Publisher Plus for Mac Review

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.
Recently PearlMountain Technology let me try the Publisher Plus program, and like all of their other programs, I love it.

When Publisher Plus first starts up, you are able to choose your templet or blank page right away.
You have several options and styles to choose from. I decided to use the the trifold brochure templet.

Almost everything on the page is fully editable, except for the background.  I figured out how to change the background, but there was a few little things that I wanted to change on this one that I couldn't figure out.  For example:  The background above has forks and spoons on the left hand side.  I couldn't change that, and I couldn't figure out if I could edit them out.  I liked everything else about the look and feel of the templet, but that small little thing.  So I ended up changing the whole background.

When I went to print, that's when things got really tricky.  I had forgot to set the page size and such so the brochure printing completely wrong.

I went back in, but when I set the page to print as a US Letter, it made the background look funny.  Here are a few more I made just testing out the background.


I found that I liked the one with the green middle, and here is how it turned out printed.

The middle was a little wide, but over all, I feel it turned out well.  I could probably get everything all lined up if I had tried a little harder.

One thing I found very helpful was the tutorial that I found on PearlMountain Technology's website.   That page answered a lot of the questions I had, and became a great resource. 


Over all I loved the program.  I definitely liked it better and found it so much easier to use than the program that came with my Mac.  I really do with that there was a quick tutorial as soon as you open the program.  Someone who may have not used a publishing program such as this might find it a little difficult at first.

 I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments :

Post a Comment