Google+ Baby Marohn: CollageIt3 Pro Review

Sunday, August 25, 2013

CollageIt3 Pro Review


As many of you know, I absolutely love to take pictures of Goose, and it has gotten to the point that I have no clue what to do with all the pictures that I have taken.  I thought about printing them all off, making a photo album or scrapbook, and giving it to her so that she can look at it.  But after checking prices, and looking through all the photos that I have, I believe that it may just be too expensive at the moment.  So, when PearlMountain Technology contacted me about testing their CollageIt 3 software, I couldn't refuse. 

                                 


CollageIt 3 is an easy to use app that can help you create beautiful collages.  There are four different collage template styles that you can choose from: mosaic, center, pile, and grid.  The templates are fully customizable, too. 

There are many ways to get the app.  First, you can go to CollageIt’s website and download the free version.  You can also download it from the App store if you are using a Mac.

Here’s how simple it is to use:

When you first open the program, a screen will come up and ask you what type of collage you would like to make.
I chose the “center_01” collage, and pressed the “choose” button. 

Here is the screen that came up



I decided that I didn’t like the layout, so I pressed “random layout” to change it up.  After going through a few, I decided to just go to “free mode”.  “Free Mode” allows one to arrange, delete, and add frames. 

Once I had all my frames laid out the way that I wanted, I clicked the "+" on the left hand side to add my photos. 


I decided that I wanted 5 photos of in the folder, so I clicked on the first photo, then pressed and held the shift key,  and then clicked on the last photo I wanted.  This highlighted all the photos I wanted, so when I pressed the "open" button I was able to add them all at the same time. 

CollageIt 3 automatically adds the photos in the frames for you, but if you can change them around.  All you have to do is click and drag the photo you want from the left hand side into the frame that you want the photo to be in. 


If you look at the bottom of the screen on the right hand side, you will see three buttons.  I wasn't sure what they were at first, so I played around with them.  The first one will allow you to choose the "free style" "auto mode".  The middle one will let you change the border color, wights, and corner style.  It will also allow you to change the shadow of the frames, and it has a simple image effects.  The last one is all about background stuff.

So after playing around with colors, shadows, and image effects, I decided on a color I wanted for the frames, but didn't care for the background.   So, I clicked the third button to change the background. 

CollageIt 3 Pro comes with tons of backgrounds.  I really had a hard time choosing. I went with a blue and white to match the blue frames. 

Every collage has to have text, so I clicked the box with the "T" in on it on the left hand side.  


Once you add the text, you can then change color, font, add shadow and more.  

Everything is pretty much customizable in CollageIt 3 Pro. 



This is my end product.  I think it turned out pretty well, and I am really looking forward to working on a few more, getting them printed, and making a book for Goose.  I believe that it would be super simple for anyone to learn and use, and would be great for a busy parent like myself. 


Disclaimer: Even though PearMountain Technology provided me with a copy of CollageIt 3 Pro free of charge, the words in this post are that of my own.  

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.


No comments :

Post a Comment