Google+ Baby Marohn: Live Colors for Kids iPhone/iPad App Review

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Live Colors for Kids iPhone/iPad App Review


If you have a little one who loves drawing and coloring apps, then your little one will probably love this app.


 Live Colors for Kids, is a drawing and coloring app that was created for children 5 and under.  With two different modes ( free draw and coloring book) your toddler and preschoolers will never be bored.


One this that I really like about the app is the coloring book mode.  As you color that is really cute animations going on subtlety going on in the back ground.  It also saves your child's work until you erase the page, so if your kiddo has limited iPad/iPhone time, they can pick up where the left off later.

As you can see in the image below, Goose has been having a blast with this app.


Another part of the app I like is the ability to mix colors.  My daughter loves to mix paints and playdough colors in "real" life, and when I first saw the color mixing feature, I knew she would love it.  It really easy to do it. All you have to do is drag the color you want down to the palette and then drag your mixing color down to the same circle.  Presto! You have a whole new color you can draw and play with.  It really teaches how mixing some colors create beautiful new colors.


This is one thing that I sort of don't like.  There is only one paint brush, your finger.  I kind of wish you could switch between crayons and paintbrushes.  But I understand why the developers made it this way; the app is supposed to simulate finger painting.



Here is a little backstory on the app too...

Overall, Goose and I really like Live Colors for Kids.  I love that the app shows that you can have fun while learning, and she loves that the app is really easy to use.

If you are interested in getting Live Colors for Kids for your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad, you can check out this link https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/live-colors-for-kids/id681064486?mt=8 or http://liveappsforkids.com/, it costs 99¢, but I think it is well worth the cost.


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments :

Post a Comment